CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Take It Off (or stay the same) Tuesday

Ok, late in posting and seriously slacking on posts in general. What's my problem... more on that later. Well, I had a goose egg this week. I stayed the same. 11lbs to go and the birthday is fast approaching. I think it is my stress eating. So what am I stressed about?



Lots of things but primarily our house. I know, I know. Everyone is feeling the squeeze in some way with this economy. It's depressing that our house is listed for less than what we bought it for and we have dumped tons of money into it. But it's more than that.



Now is the time for us to make a move before the kids start school (two years and counting). I have this deep "need" to settle into a community. I don't like the 'burb that we live in. People just go to their house and go to work. There is no sense of community. I grew up in a burb and there were not many kids around to play with. Smiles grew up in a smaller town and he is still great friends with the "gang" that roamed the streets. He has so many great memories of growing up and walking to the bakery to buy a donut, causing trouble around town, tenting in the yard, swimming at the local pool or college, etc etc. I am jealous.



And I want my kids to experience those things. I feel as though we are ...... totally screwed. We can't afford to drop our price more and the market just continues to drop. Someone will buy our house. Please.



At the same time, its hard to complain. We make our payments, we have jobs, we have our family. It could be a lot worse. BUT I WANT TO MOVE. End pouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment