CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Take It Off Tuesday

I am not seeing much progress on the weight loss front. Holding steady at -11 lbs.

There are many things that are motivating me to change my lifestyle and become more fit. There are even things motivating me beyond my rapidly approaching 30th birthday.

So what motivates me?

Well, first of all, there is no better feeling than being healthy, right? Who likes the nagging feeling of your pants being too tight? Let's not even talk about the awful feeling of my Front Butt giggling as I exercise. The memories of my younger years when I could run 8 miles and still feel okay the next day. Being fit gives you confidence and you just feel good.

We are finally digging out of our hole. Where the world passes you by because you are so busy taking care of your children's every basic (and beyond) ... The early years.

I was always described by others as an athlete. A serious athlete. Smiles was also always defined as a serious athlete. Know around town for his athletic accomplishments. I look back at some recent pictures taken while vactioning in Mexico for Smiles' sister's wedding... and gasp! Most of those pictures will never see the light of day.

So last night armed with my motivation and pictures of me in Mexico floating through my head, I ran. And I ran. At least for me, I ran.

Don't laugh.
I ran 1.5 miles.

So there you have it.
It's the new me. Or rather me, again. I am a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment