CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

$450 = Gluttony

As I mentioned earlier, Smiles and I sat down to look at our spending for the past three months.
We were both shocked and a bit disgusted that we had spent on average $450 eating out.

Granted my expensive coffee addiction played into that... but I did not drink $450 worth of lattes. That is a freakin' lot of money and calories.

My grandma would be so disappointed in me. She grew up during the Great Depression.
She was thrify, resourceful and definetly not wasteful.

Let's be honest. This economy sucks. People are losing their jobs in record numbers. My retirement savings has dwindled to a mere fraction of what it once was, our house is priced low and is sitting on the market... and we spent $450 eating out!

I may sound like a negative nilly. I'm not trying to be. My redefining adventure is turning out to be an eye-opening experience. It's like my coffee addiction. First, you have to admit that there is a problem.

Good-bye Fast Food. Good-bye Chilis, Applebees, Chiptole, Pot Belly, (sniffle, sniffle).

Hello Brown Bag. And occasionally Starbucks. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment