CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 8, 2009

And so it begins…

Almost three years ago today, my husband (Smiles) and I (Redefined Mommy) welcomed our beautiful twins into this world (Little Princess and Little Charmer). They came a little earlier than expected and required some extra care (read: strict schedules, lots of feedings, tiny little outfits and overall panic by new parents who had never held babies so small). I felt so blessed to be a mother and still do to this day. I couldn't imagine life being any different.

Recently a friend said to me… “You can’t be a great mother without being great to yourself”. Crap. Where have these three years gone? My babies are getting so big (um, so am I… eek). When people ask me what I like to do, I can’t even reply. What do they mean? Well, I like to…. Um, well in my former life I was a competitive skier, runner, student, student of life, hanger outer with friends and family, high-energy, reader of books and adventurous soul of all things new. So what do I like to do now? I don’t know.

Let’s be real. I love my children. I love my husband. I love my life. My children and husband love me and tell me so daily. I love like my job. But where have I gone? This is the start of my journey to find myself again. In this mission, I hope to renew my spirit, become ME again.

I like to call it Operation Momme, putting the “me” back in Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment