CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 18, 2009

The List

I spent a lot of time thinking about my list of “stuff” this past weekend. Complete with an overall goal and a weekly goal. It’s one step at a time. This is a long one….

1. Eat Healthy. Exercise. Reduce the Front Butt.

Read: Lose 30 lbs. It is really about the weight but it’s also about making healthier food choices and living a more active life. I am doing this the old fashioned way. I am not joining some expensive club or program (see Goal #3), although I am sure they help and more power to you if you do, it’s just not in the cards right now. This starts today.

Week #1 Goal: Drink enough water. Yes, my pee is bright yellow and according to Smiles is the “worst” smelling pee ever. Um, honey, do you often smell other people’s pee? Exercise 4 times this week. It won’t be a marathon since I am close to 30 and now falling apart). Allow myself 1 small “cheat” per day. Instead of having 10 cookies, I will only eat one. Small steps, right?

2. Simplify. Organize.

I am OVERWHELMED with stuff. LC and LP have so many toys and clothing that we can hardly fit it all in our house (and we don’t have a small house). Seriously, I need a massive garage sale and some built-in cabinets. I dream about built-ins…. apparently, they invented those in 1989 since our house was built in 1988.

Week 1 Goal: Organize the photos. I have a stack of pictures that need to be put in albums and no back-ups of all of our digital pictures.


3. Financial Make-Over
Last week, Smiles and I sat down to discuss a budget. We are fortunate to have jobs in this economy and pay our bills, but we never feel like we are getting ahead. We have some very specific goals and dream of having a Roloff hobby farm (Little People Big World, TLC) – minus the dangerous pumpkin launcher.

Week #1 Goal: Steer clear of the overly expensive, wallet shrinking, waist expanding habit of eating out. Eliminate Reduce my trips to the not-so-local coffee house.


4. Reclaim the Flame.
Stressed. Overwhelmed. Finances. Screaming Toddlers. All of these things can take their toll on relationships. The most important relationship in my life sometimes takes the back seat when life gets in the way. I am blessed with the most wonderful husband. I need to show it more.

Week 1 Goal: Give him 15 minutes of extra love and attention every day. Pick up that book that I have been thinking about reading.


5. Find outlets.
Find hobbies, creative outlets, anything so that I can answer that dreaded question, “What do you like to do?”

Week #1 Goal: Anxiously awaiting a package in the mail. A new hobby to explore. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment