CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Crash

I have a new name. Its crash and that is what I did this weekend. I fell on my ass several times. I talked my sister-in-law into doing a inline skating half marathon. We showed up at the place, and these people were seriously intense. They were sporting spandex and inline skates that looked nothing like my inline skates. So we started at the back of the pack, and we finished at the back of the pack.

Around ¾ of the way through the course, we had to round a corner and go on a busy and rough road. As I turned, I hit some rough gravel. I ate shit – BIG TIME. Pieces of my pants were shredded and stuck to my skin. My elbow is a big bruise, and my hand hurts. It is possible that I broke a bone in my hand.

But that’s not all. So I got up and finished the race – slow as can be. As we approached the finish, my sister-in-law reminded me about the stupid rubber mats that you have to cross (they cover up the timing equipment). People cheered us with sympathy claps and they watched us cross the finish.

Good thing, she reminded me about the mats – because I ate shit again! And to add insult to injury, the timing equipment beeps as you cross it. And I landed right on the spot…. And it just kept beeping. So I gracefully rolled my big ass out of the way, beep, beep, beep, and beep. Yup, what a freaking nightmare.

Check it off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment