CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 1, 2009

I heart Redbox

I admit that my first reaction to Redbox was a bit snobby. I instantly dismissed Redbox because the first that I heard about it was in association with McDonald’s. That’s plain dumb. I say that I hate McDonald’s and really I do. But LC and LP have eaten a Happy Meal or two and I sometimes enjoy their french fries. And who could pass up their $1 sundae. I know the organic mothers' of the earth should come after me.

It’s like the super religious folk sneaking off to the strip club. It happens. We sometimes say one thing and do another. Shall we all just free ourselves of our better than thou attitudes now? Me included.

Ok, I digress. Back to why I heart Redbox. I don’t have enough time to watch a ton of movies so Netflix is not a good option for me. Plus LC and LP watch the same movies over and over again (remember the portable DVD player). They even have Redbox at the grocery store…. both the normal one and the spendy one.

It’s really simple. Its a little touch screen kiosk and you pick your movie, enter your email, slide your card and it spits out a movie. It even sends you email receipts. Just like that you have a movie. And the best part is that each movie rental is $1. I used to rent movies from our local cable provider. But they charge $4.99 per movie. What a rip off!
And movie stores, do they still have those? I’m sure it’s more than $1 per movie.

I heart Redbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment