CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The plight of a working mom

Last night when I got home from work, LC and LP gave me huge hugs. And then LC said to me.

"Mommy, you work too much".

And my heart broke.


As a mother, I am always torn between the demands of motherhood and having a career. Don't get me wrong. If push came to shove, motherhood would win. But there is an internal daily struggle - It's great for them to go to daycare, learn new things, play with other children and experience a little "classroom". But it hurts when they cry as I leave them, wake them up from bed to get them ready in the wee hours of the morning and when they say, "don't go, mommy".

There are so many pros and cons to each side. I know that I would lose my mind being at home all day, every day. Ideally, I would work part-time or have a very flexible schedule (i.e. my own business) - but those gigs are hard to come by and owning a small business is a lot of work.

Until I figure out a solution, I am trapped in a cube farm working long hours and struggling to find balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment