CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Take it off Tuesday – Who will join the good fight?

Down 1 lb.

Since posting about my weight loss "strategy", I have had a few folks report back to me about their experience with the WW thing. I read somewhere that someone who attends their meetings is 3x more successful in losing weight (or something like that). So what makes those who attend meetings more successful?

Is it the information? – hmmm, I have already done the program and can count my points. BTW, my friend and co-worker who "drives me crazy" over at
Better Late than Never supplied me with these great resources. Thanks! Check them out if you are into the rogue WW thing.

WW Points calculator
Dottie's Weight Loss Zone - Going out to eat? She has tons a places listed with point values and loads of other great resources like recipe ideas!

Is it the constant reminder? And the accountability of having to weigh in every week… and that someone else is writing down the number? Possibly – but I have my blog and I can see that I am not the only reading it (there may be one or two others).

Is it the camaraderie of the group? It certainly could be. There is nothing like having the support of others to light a fire under your ass. Some see it as competition. Others see it as support. I guess it depends on who you are.

So how do I get all that … and not pay the price? Light bulb, clouds part, cue music.

Join me in Take It off Tuesday! I can’t do this alone.

Every Tuesday - weigh yourself, keep the number to yourself (or share if you care), and report back to the group your loss for the week (or gain - shit happens) and your overall loss (or gain). Who will join in the good fight? Can you commit to a 10 week challenge? You don’t have to do the WW thing. It’s a choose your own adventure deal (oh, I hearted those books!).

There will be a prize in the end – Um, not sure what yet and I can only ship within the US/Canada. Beware; this is my first contest – so give me some slack, jack.

Here is the scoring strategy:

One point for becoming my follower (leave a comment or leave a comment if you already are (um, that's only two people)).

Two points for joining the fight (leave another comment).

Two points for blogging about my contest (post a link in another comment).

One point for each week you report back with your weekly loss (or gain!) and overall loss (or gain!) (by leaving a comment). That’s a total of 10 comments or potential points.

5 points for the biggest overall loser, 3 points for the second biggest loser and 1 point for the third biggest loser. Don’t lie. We all hate liars. If you lie, everyone will hate you (okay, hate is a strong word). I un-heart liars. Be real.

OK, go weigh in. Let the games begin.

3 comments:

  1. I'm already a follower so this is my initial comment to qualify for a contest point. If I'm a follower, is this a cult?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've joined the fight AND I blogged about it with a link - http://bl8tn.blogspot.com/2009/06/take-it-off-tuesday.html
    Can I get a gold star please? I think I'm up to five whole points!

    ReplyDelete