CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Take It Off Tuesday - Reality Check.

Another week has come and gone. And due to some factors outside of my control, I have determined this week to be my free pass.

A few days ago, I had a moment. One of those moments that hits you like a train.

And again last night that moment repeated itself. It was the wake-up call. There have been nudges, thoughts and little reminders for years but this was a wake-up call - Alarms blaring. I am an athlete trapped in an unhealthy body. I feel like Tyra Banks when she dressed up in the fat suit on her show (gasp, I watch that dumb show ... only occasionally).

For fear of judgement, I won't divulge my moment. And I am NOT looking for condolences or excuses.

Have you seen the movie, He Is Just Not That Into You? Well, the movie is ok. Kind of long and drawn out. The basic idea is that we (women) are programed from an early age to think that if a boy hits/teases/pulls your hair he likes you. This mentality carries on into adult life as we keep around guys that really aren't that into us.... and our friends keep telling us positive stories about other relationships and help us make excuses. All to avoid feeling hurt.

Women like to sugar coat reality ~ especially to our friends. We don't like to hurt people's feelings (at least not to their face).

If a guy said to his guy friend, "Dude, I am getting fat". The friend would reply, "yeah, you are ya fat ass".

If a gal said to her girl friend, "I am so fat". The friend would reply, "Oh, no you are not. You are so pretty. You are so blah blah blah".

Just like in the movie, we (women) make excuses, reason bad things into good things, and shield our friends from heart break... all the while, we aren't doing them any favors.

So I am going to keep my moment to myself. Knowing that I truly am unhealthy and unhappy with it.

I think that I am suffering from a bad case of PMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment